Difference between revisions of "Main Page"
|Line 4:||Line 4:|
= OpenSA2 =
= OpenSA2 =
= OpenSA1 =
= OpenSA1 =
Revision as of 12:31, 23 March 2010
The Brawl Documentation Project
After collecting tons of information on Smashboards, we wanted to take some of these data based threads and format them in a way that is better for quick reference. If you are going to post anything, please be sure to link to the original source of the information, and give as MUCH credit as possible to the source of the info. If any info ends up here that shouldn't be, please put comments on the talk page for each page.
To Be Added
- Moveset File Format
- Character Subactions(Brawl)
- Stage Module Constants
- Fighter Module Constants
Main article: PSA Documentation
OpenSA2 is aiming to be a PSA like app that allows you to edit movesets, and a library that allows tinkers to make batch changes, gather stats on a set of .pac's and more. Right now, the only tool availible is the Dump GUI, and BrawlWall, the stage collision/position editor.
This is the main program of the OpenSA2 suite. As of 184.108.40.206 it is a moveset viewer, but will soon be able to edit movesets, just like PSA. However, this has some advantages over PSA
- Can edit/view all characters, including D3/PokemonTrainer
- Can edit/view Fighter.pac
- Can edit/view Common3.pac (Embdedded items and Embedded Fighter.pac) (Pictured Below)
- Can edit/view AT/Item .pac's (Item*Param.pac)
- Can view article Actions, Subactions, and Attributes
- Can view Nana's stuff
- Views some unknown subroutines that run at various points
- Can edit the "Entry" article in each characters file.
This app dumps all information about a .pac into a .txt file. As its based on OpenSA2, this includes things like ledgegrab distance, and even articles.
For each Brawl level, there is a file that dictates what is ground, what is a wall, what is a ceiling, etc. Contrary to popular belief earlier, the 3D model isn't used in collision detection at all. BrawlWall aims to be an editor for these collision files, and other data inside stage files.
- Views MiscData in a visual format
- Displays points in the "StagePosition" model that are used to control the camera, death boundaries, spawn points for characters and items, and base points for several character's final smashes.(IC's Lucario, Pikmin)
Wiki2PSA is a simple tool written in Java to export the text files that PSA uses from this wiki. Currently, it supports:
You can get the tool here: Wiki2PSA v1.11.
- Make sure you have the latest version of Java installed.
- Extract the .zip to the folder you want the text files to appear in, then double-click the .jar.
- If this does not work, navigate to the folder in the command prompt and type "java -jar Wiki2PSA".
Please note that currently, it will overwrite any existing files with the same name, so update the Wiki with any changes you've made to your files before running the tool.
OpenSA1 was the first attempt to write a moveset parser by Dantarion. While it DOES view .pacs as well as PSA, it cannot edit. After OpenSA1 was in development for a while, I realized that I should just start over again with my new knoledge, and make a better parser from scratch. Writing OpenSA1 helped me learn so much about C# and the .Net framework that OpenSA2 had all of OpenSA's parsing functionality within 24 hours.